Forensic Nurse Job Description
To become a forensic nurse there are certain requirements that must be met.
Typical requirements to obtaining a forensic nurse job are:
- Must be AHPRA registered
- You must have a minimum two years recent continuous clinical experience in a mental health role
- Formal qualification in mental health, or willingness to undertake same.
- Sound knowledge of mental health nursing theory and practice.
- Sound knowledge of the principles of therapeutic security.
- Experience in multidisciplinary team work.
Forensic Nurse Salary
The average pay range for a Forensic Nurse is:
$45,928 – $82,052